This Week With Calandra focuses on the power of words. Listen to “Watch Your Language!”
This is the first of my weekly podcasts, “This Week With Calandra.” Our pilot episode talks about The Art of Being Courteous. Listen and comment: what acts of courtesy do you think are most important? Is being courteous becoming a dying art form?
Click HERE to listen to this week’s podcast.
A few days ago, I learned of a 30-day audio challenge sponsored by AudioMo. Two of my friends, Mr. Fresh and Ray Garraud mentioned it and are participating, so I thought I’d try my hand at it. A few months ago, I toyed with the idea of doing periodic podcasts, since sometimes it’s quicker for me to speak than write. I thought this challenge might help me get my feet wet. Yes, I know I’m a few days late (the challenge started on July 1). Well, here goes…
UPDATE – July 8, 2013 – I’ve decided to provide links to all AudioMo challenge podcasts on this page. Click below for each episode, starting with Day 4…
- Day 4: The Art of Perfection – background music is Robert Glasper’s Ah Yeah (feat. Musiq Soulchild & Chrisette Michele)
- Day 5: Pause
- Day 6: Release Your Inner Child
- Day 7: Celebrate
- Day 8: A Change in Plans
- Day 9: Technology and FOMO
- Day 10: Investments
- Day 11: Work Smarter, Not Harder
- Day 12: Homework Help
- Day 13: (see Day 14…had to skip a day!)
- Day 14: The Door of No Return
- Day 15: Being Alone
- Day 16: Be Cool
- Day 17: Nothing But a Number
- Day 18: Constructing Music
- Day 19: Beauty 101
- Day 20: Friends, Followers and Fans
- Day 21: Being Thankful
- Day 22: Save the Rhino?
- Day 23: A Praying Child
- Day 24: Wooden Batteries
- Day 25: The Art of Memorization
- Day 26: Anti-Social Media
- Day 27: Internet Celebrity
- Day 28: The Best of Birthdays!
- Day 29: Easy Goin’ Evening
- Day 30: The Subject of Success
- Day 31: Goodbye is Not the End
Today’s AudioMo topic is Celebrate! Today we celebrated our church musician’s 60th birthday with a beautiful soirée after church – and he planned it all! Sometimes you have to be good to YOURSELF. Happy birthday Bro. Gibbs!!
Listen in…Background music is I:Cube’s Adore.
Here’s Day 6 of the AudioMo Challenge – After seeing “Despicable Me 2” today with the family, I thought about how healthy it is to release your inner child and take time to laugh with your children. This summer, make sure you let your inner child out to play – just make sure you have him/her back in the house before the street lamps come on! Enjoy todays podcast below. Background music is Wayne Brady’s “Reading Can Be Fun” from the release Radio Wayne.
Day 5: I scheduled time off today to take some “me” time. While out and about, I took time to record this message, Pause. Remember to take time out for yourself!